Service Dogs rock!
I’d like to advocate and educate on service dogs who help those who dissociate.
1. Dogs can be a sense of real-ness when you feel un-real;
2. Dogs can help lead you back home when you don’t feel real, or not confident or panicky;
3. Dogs can paw your foot, do a chest compression, lick your ear to bring you back to your core self;
4. Dogs can socialize for you when you are too shy;
5. Dogs can make you feel good about yourself when others get down on you for having mental health problems;
6. When in doubt or distress, talk up your dog. Very rare to miss on this one;
7. Dogs can make you an expert to others who would like to have one;
8. Dogs can make you feel safe and protected and keep unsafe persons at a distance;
9. Dogs can comfort you in times of isolation, bad dreams, and get you out of bed;
10. Dogs can keep you from giving up.
Talk to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or a consult with these matters. Thanks!