Contemplative practice can help with chronic pain. Long-term opiate pain medication is no longer an option for many pain sufferers, and developing daily habits of meditation becomes a life raft amidst the misery.
I recommend the daily use of at least 3 different types of meditation for:
- Anticipation of pain emotions;
- .Avoidance of pain behaviors;
- Getting through acute pain;
- Prevention of worsening pain;
- Spiritual acceptance, surrender and cultivating meaningfulness.
Some of the contemplative practices I recommend are:
- Past-present-future-present imagery;
- Body concentration;
- Fluid breathing;
- Focused breathing;
- Word flow;
- Creative recovery.
I offer meditation coaching for pain management online and in person (Vancouver-Portland area) , individually or in small groups. My fee is $55.00 per hour and I offer a sliding scale to those on a tight budget. I can take major credit card payments online through safe and confidential http://www.paypal.com. Email me at email@example.com, or call me at (360) 609-2646 for more information. Thanks, and be well! – Heidi Hansen, M.A.